Wednesday, June 27, 2007

92. Two Women & A Baby

We've seen this baby clear back in the first photo album, with a cute bonnet on. I'm going to guess that the lady on the right is the Mom. And my second uneducated guess is that these are sisters who are quite close to each other.

There's a star affixed to the wall on the left. I wonder why they did that, and I wonder if it helps identify where this house is, assuming it's still standing.

That's also a slightly weird-looking plant growing (sort of) beneath the star. Nothing else in the lawn (flower bed?) there comes close to being as tall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think those stars were the ends of a long structural piece that went from one side of a brick house to the other, to keep the walls from ever wanting to buckle outwards. You see them a lot. I don't often get to Pine Street, but I want to take a look sometime. There are a few houses there, some used for warehouse space by the nearby mills, but at least one is still lived in.
The plant looks like a maple seedling, but no one in their right mind would let a big tree grow that close to a house.
Janet