Monday, June 11, 2007

68. Hazel and ?

Hazel in the background; another little girl not quite holding still enough in the foreground. With Grammy or the other little girl's mom off to the right.

I can't figure out exactly where this is at 234 Washington Street. I'd be tempted to say that screen door and three steps were later replaced by the back porch at the house. And that's the broom factory in the background.

A nice theory, but then where does that brick path go to the left? And that looks like a cellar door in the right foreground, which also makes no sense.

Maybe the bricks to the left go to the backyard, and Hazel is peeking around the corner of 232. But then I can't place the building in the background, and that cellar door still doesn't match up with how I remember 234.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the back porches of those houses were built on from the beginning. I don't know where this is. The rug looks like a hazard to me.
Janet

Anonymous said...

I think this is the house across from Gerbers, again. I remember going to that house when a friend lived there and that was the structure of that building (cellar door, back door, etc). It also looks like the chicken coop pictures are at that house based on some other views. So much photography happened there; some with people nobody recognizes. They may be the residents! mick.....