Sunday, June 03, 2007

60. Girls out for a Walk

This is the first of several photos taken of six ladies and a little girl out for a walk in 1913. Hazel would be six, right? So she's probably the little girl.

I'm pretty sure the two "Pine Street girls" are here, although I'm hard-pressed to tell you which ones they are. I'm also having a hard time figuring out which one of these is Grammy.

Grandpa took some marvelous pictures on this walk. We'll see the rest shortly. I'm not sure what the girls are "eating". They look like horse-chestnuts to me, but I'm sure that's wrong. Cherries, maybe, although they look a bit big for cherries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not cherries. There is something that grows with a papery husk around it, and a berry inside, ripens in the fall. Edible, I suppose, as it appears in plant catalogs, but I don't know its name. Could have grown wild then. Hazel must have really enjoyed that day. Maybe Grammy had the camera and took the picture.
Janet