Sunday, September 16, 2007

New Hamburg High School

This is a great aerial (I presume) photo from 1962. Janet notes that the old Hamburg High School is in the background. Alas, I have no recollection of either high school, so I can't orientate myself in this photo. Would Washington Street be somewhere in the background?

BTW, I sorely miss a forest covering a whole mountainside, as is seen way in the background here. After being in Arizona for almost 40 years, I really would like to go traipsing through the woods again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an amazingly clear photo. Individual houses in Hamburg are recognizable. It is only the northern half of town, though. At the far left is the intersection of 4th and State, the center of town ) where the large building at the edge of the photo is located.) So Washington St. is not on the picture. Hamburg resident and historian Stewart Biehl says he rented a plane and took this photo himself, I guess because he was business manager of the school district, plus a semi-professional photographer at the time.
Janet